Yechuan Charlie Hu, Blockchain Expert and Founder of Candaq Fintech Group is the guest in this Dinis Guarda citiesabc openbusinesscouncil YouTube Series. Hosted by Dinis Guarda, both experts talk about the future of blockchain and the opportunities regarding decentralized tech platforms like Polkadot and Tezos and DApps.
1. An introduction from you - background, overview, education...
2. You are based in China but you have a great global background. How do you see the Chinese innovation and the bridge between systems and cultures?
3. You created Candaq Fintech Group. Can you tell me about the company?
4. You are responsible for Tezos China ecosystem
5. What are your thoughts on the PolkaDot network?
6. How do you see the web 3.0?
7. At the moment we have multiple challenges in the digital web world - the western web - internet - the chinese - the Russian. How do you see the challenges with this fragmented ecosystem where blockchain are opening new challenges and opportunities?
8. How do you see the challenges with the fragmentation of technology and close of technologies and systems? Special as technology - Internet protocols, Blockchain, AI advances so fast?
9. With Covid-19 digital transformation has leapfrogged. What are your visions for the present and future of blockchain and AI special when it comes to your work with Governments and universities?
10. How do you see the valuation of tokens like Polkadot and Tezos that are as we speak the 5th biggest token and 23rd respectively and the technology value and utility and research on this new ecosystem of crypto and investment and society?
Yechuan Charlie Hu is an expert on Web 3.0, decentralized technology platforms and applications. He is a founder and managing partner of Candaq Fintech Group, with offices in Hangzhou, Berlin and the Silicon Valley.
With Candaq, Yechuan has been focused on the incubation of and investment in Fintech and blockchain-based start-ups and offers professional tokenized initial offering advisory services. Charlie Hu has led investment and business development in more than 15 projects and cross-border international technology partnerships.
Yechuan Charlie Hu is also experienced in community building, technology driven innovation ecosystem development and growth marketing, currently leading the Chinese ecosystem for Polkadot and Tezos networks.
Yechuan Charlie Hu is a member of the World Economic Forum Global Shaper Beijing Hub. Organizer of TEDxHangzhou, Organizer of ThingsCon Shanghai. Alumni of Aspire Academy Harvard leadership program.
About technological development in China. The way we have built our digital and technological infrastructure is different from the Western world and that has paid off as it is allowing China to advance very quickly. We are integrating high-end technologies like IoT, blockchain, AI and people are benefiting from it as it is driving a lot of innovation in sectors such as Fintech, Supply Chains, Computing and Hardware manufacturing. Another great driving force is the effort that has been put into the academics, promoting University education and financial literacy across the country.
About Candaq. Since Candaq was created in 2015, we have invested in more than 15 projects in the blockchain and tech space. One of those projects is Polkadot, which we invested in 2018 and have been building the interesting platform based on ethereum.
The investment arm is one of the pillars of our company. The second one is consultancy. Helping projects come into fruition and putting together the government, universities and startups.
About Polkadot and blockchain. Blockchain apps and platforms need to have a utility to become truly widespread. That is the only way for blockchain. There has been a misunderstanding when approaching blockchain as many investors and users have seen crypto and blockchain as a security, but in the end what matters the most is the utility of them. The Polkadot platform is built on ethereum and uses smart contracts to make sure that it is useful for the users. There is a utility value in the network.