New Delhi is an urban district located in the city of Delhi. New Delhi serves as the capital of India and the seat of all three branches of the Government of India. Delhi is famous for its tourist attractions, food, and its marketplaces. Since it’s the national capital of the country you can explore rashtrapati bhavan, parliament house, India gate. If you are dedicated to history you can visit qutub minar, humayun's tomb. If you are religious person you can visit birla mandir, jama masjid and many other places. Delhi is famous for its prominent markets such as Connaught place, sarojini nagar, palika bazaar,sadar market which have a variety of goods with a reasonable rate.
Data and facts
- By the end of year 2019 the population was projected to be 18,498,192 as per Unique Identification Aadhar India, updated Jan 2020.
- New Delhi is referred as National Capital Territory of Delhi (NCT). It’s bordered by Uttar Pradesh in the east and other three sides by Haryana which covers an area of 1484 sq km (573 sq mi).
- As per Niti Aayog 2016 report, Total Fertility Rate is 1.6. NCT covers with National Capital Region (NCR or Central NCR) with the urban towns of two bordering states of Haryana and Uttar Pradesh, these are NCR expanded cities of Faridabad, Noida, Gurgaon and Ghaziabad. Delhi is second populated city in India after Mumbai.
- Winter generally begins in November and peaks in January. However, summers in New Delhi are long – beginning in April and lasting through to October.
- New Delhi is home to the world’s tallest brick structure: The Qutub Minar. This Mughal landmark, which stands at 73 meters tall, is one of the most popular tourist spots in the city.
- The Delhi metro system was voted the 2nd best in the world. The survey was conducted by Global Metro Bench-making Groups NOVA and CoMET in 2014.
- Delhi has a diverse population of various faiths. Aside from the Hindu majority, there are Muslim, Jain, Sikh and Christian communities.
- The city was designed by British architects Sir Edwin Lutyens and Sir Herbert Baker. The city was planned in the British colonial style with ancient Indian influences. New Delhi is also known as Lutyens Delhi in honor of his contributions.
- As of 2019 Delhi has entered the list of the world’s top 10 most popular cities for tourists, due to its rapid development in the tourism sector in recent years.
A union territory, the political administration of the NCT of Delhi today more closely resembles that of a state of India, with its own legislature, high court and an executive council of ministers headed by a Chief Minister. New Delhi is jointly administered by the federal government of India and the local government of Delhi, and serves as the capital of the nation as well as the NCT of Delhi.
Most people think that New Delhi is Delhi but it is not. There is actually a difference between the two places: New Delhi and Delhi. New Delhi, which is India’s capital, is a territory in Delhi. New Delhi is the seat of the government of India. It was in the early 20th century that New Delhi city was designed. It was designed as part of the shifting of the capital of the British Empire from Calcutta to Delhi. Sir Edwin Lutyens and Sir Herbert Baker are the architects who are credited with the design of the city.Both Delhi and New Delhi lie on the banks of the Â Yamuna River. It is believed that Indraprastha, capital of Pandavas in the Mahabharata epic, is in Delhi. New Delhi was actually designed to be in the south of Delhi. Delhi is now a state and has a governor as the head of the government. The Government of India and the Delhi government jointly administer New Delhi.
India’s Economy Expanded 4.7% in Last Quarter. Government projects GDP will grow 5% in fiscal year, the slowest growth in 11 years. New Delhi-India’s economic growth remained below 5% for the second quarter in a row, hurt by a slowdown in consumer and corporate spending. Gross domestic product in Asia’s third-largest economy grew 4.7% in the three months through December, according to the government data released. That is slightly higher than the 4.5% in the previous quarter.
New Delhi has the infrastructure to be called as the modern city. Recent developments and economical growth in Delhi have put the city on the global map competing with other top notch cities in the world. New Delhi has a much improved infrastructure with new roads, flyovers, bridges, healthcare facilities, sanitation, etc.
India ranks third among the most attractive investment destinations for technology transactions in the world. Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Department of Science & Technology, has reiterated that technology is a strong priority area for the government and it aims to make people science-centric. Modern India has had a strong focus on science and technology, realising that it is a key element of economic growth. India is among the topmost countries in the world in the field of scientific research, positioned as one of the top five nations in the field of space exploration. The country has regularly undertaken space missions, including missions to the moon and the famed Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV). India is likely to take a leading role in launching satellites for the SAARC nations, generating revenue by offering its space facilities for use to other countries.
Social Wellness and Human Resources
Education is based on three-tier model which includes primary schools, followed by secondary schools and tertiary education at universities or other institutes of same level. Education Department of the Government of Delhi is a premier body which looks into the educational affairs. The RTE right to education also describes children from the age of 6 to 14 have a compulsory need to be educated. 25% of the seats in all private schools are also reserved for the under-privileged children. Tertiary education is administrated by the Directorate of Higher Education.
As in most destinations, healthcare in Delhi is divided among private and government-run facilities. There are numerous private hospitals in Delhi, but only a few that would meet standards that most Westerners are accustomed to. The general perception is that even these hospitals lack the attention to sanitation and hygiene that are vital to a medical setting. That said, there are a few excellent and world-class hospitals. Although medical treatment in India is generally inexpensive, it is always best to have health insurance.
It’s generally easy to find well-qualified medical professionals in Delhi who speak English. Furthermore, given the elevated level of treatment and practitioners in India, and the accompanying low cost of healthcare, medical tourism is an industry sector growing in popularity. In this way, many private hospitals are familiar in dealing with foreigners and are more than happy to better acquaint expats with their services and capabilities.