Football And NFTs: UK's Capital Block Signs NFT Deal With Legia Warsaw
• Through the partnership with Capital Block, Legia Warsaw becomes the first European football club to have an official NFT agency
• Capital Block will now work with Legia to educate fans and build communities while developing drops to give fans the chance to own, sell and collect some of the club’s most historic and famous moments
• Capital Block CEO, Tim Mangnall: “This is a watershed moment in European football. Legia Warsaw is the first European club with an official NFT agency and is leading the way for continental football.”
Capital Block, the only dedicated NFT sports and entertainment agency, has today been announced as the official agency of football club Legia Warsaw, the current Polish league champions and the most successful Polish football club in history.
It is the first-ever time that a European football club has announced an official partnership with a dedicated NFT agency.
Capital Block’s remit will be centred around helping the football club and its fans better engage with each other. In its capacity as Legia Warsaw’s NFT agency, Capital Block will be responsible for:
• Identifying, creating, and building a clear NFT strategy
• Identifying assets that can be created as NFTs while developing new concepts
• Growing Legia Warsaw’s NFT community
• Helping increase fan understanding of NFTs and the value they bring to fans
• Launching NFTs to Legia Warsaw fans
• Advising on the best NFT platforms and marketplaces for Legia Warsaw to partner with
NFTs are a unique digital asset that can be purchased, sold and collected - this can include images and videos, and much more. In sports, NFTs allow fans to get closer to their club than ever before, often by offering added utility such as behind-the-scenes access. NFTs, if done properly, provide a brand-new way for clubs to engage with their fans.
Capital Block says that the NFT market is currently significantly untapped by football clubs and indeed all sports teams in Europe. The company says that this is because football clubs are struggling with firstly understanding the NFT landscape in its entirety, and secondly, overcoming the challenge of how to make NFTs relevant to fans.
Capital Block will also sponsor Legia Warsaw.
Tim Mangnall, CEO of Capital Block, comments: “We are thrilled to be working with Legia Warsaw and enabling its fans to get even closer to the club they love through NFTs.”
“Legia has recognised the need for a long-term, well-thought-out NFT strategy to build an engaged community of passionate football fans.”
“We’ll now get working on NFTs that mark and represent some of the most iconic players and moments in the club’s history, as well as ensuring that Legia NFTs have utility to its fans - that these NFTs help them get closer to their club.”
“This should be a watershed moment in European football. Legia Warsaw is the first and currently only European club with an official NFT agency: every other football club on the continent is now behind the Polish league champions.”
“NFTs have the potential to be the most powerful fan engagement tool available to sports clubs. Every club around the world needs to have an NFT strategy in place for the long term and we look forward to helping many of these clubs and teams connect with their fans through NFTS.”
Paweł Kokosza, Legia Warsaw Commercial Director comments: “We believe that this partnership with Capital Block will help us further unlock the potential of the most popular sports brand in this part of Europe, which Legia Warsaw undoubtedly is. For us, it is once again a pioneering step in our commercial development and as we explore and commit to new areas of modern business.”
Citiesabc was created by a team of global industry leaders, academics and experts to create new solutions, resources, rankings and connections for the world’s top cities and populations.