Jarrett Preston, CEO/Founder at Idoneus - Blockchain, Crypto and The Luxury Assets Industry
Jarrett Preston leads the development of Idoneus short and long-term strategy and works closely with the Board and other members of the Executive Team to execute the company’s corporate strategy across all divisions. He is responsible for the implementation of the company vision and mission and communicates on behalf of the company. Jarrett is an expert in the field of “value for value exchange” within the luxury asset markets.
- An introduction from you - background, overview, education...
- Career highlights
- About blockchain and luxury assets
- About Idoneus: organisation and focus
- What are your work priorities
- Goals and how do you see the future of work and the main trends in tech and society
- With Covid-19 how can you look at this as a way to redesign our society
- Future vision
Quotes And Highlights
- We are about to complete a new transaction with a diamond mining company for $20 million in GIA certified, high-grade diamonds that would bring more value to our token holders as we expand into the luxury assets market. Using blockchain technology allows us to bring more transparency and security in a complicated market.
- There is a real utility today using blockchain. We first bring the assets to the Idoneus platform and build the ecosystem as a proper economy in itself. We then use blockchain and tokenization that gives a digital value to this economy. And it adds up from there, the more assets we bring to the platform, the more inherent value for the overall Idoneus economy.
- With blockchain we will also develop smart contracts in our platform to ensure every asset meets all our requirements to confirm that everything is well recorded, transparent and clear for ourselves and our clients.
- The IDON token is now going through test trading on our first exchange and will be listed on multiple exchanges soon. Through smart contract we have placed a $10 min for any sale of IDON on exchange to ensure our token will never be sold on an exchange below that $10 mark. This was implemented to protect the value of the entire economy for all participants and ensure no bad actor pricing manipulation.
- The luxury asset industry has historically moved very slowly when it comes to adopting new technologies with many of these assets just sitting there without buyers in the traditional markets. What we are trying to do is to bring the latest technology, and hence open up the luxury assets to a brand-new market. That is what we did with the Pablo Picasso we recently acquired using our IDON token as the method of payment.
- Our IDON token brings more value to our users than other altcoins. With the IDON token, people don’t only have a currency to trade with in exchange markets but they can also use those tokens to exchange for the assets we have, which overall provides more value in itself. With the IDON token we are trying to educate the market by providing them a new method to buy/sell luxury assets.
- The artworld has probably been the industry that was most excited to welcome our model, especially as we bring the innovations by blockchain, smart contracts and tokenization to this traditional world.
- About blockchain. Blockchain brings new levels of transparency, security, etc and that is what we want to bring to this industry and create awareness about it.
- About COVID-19. As you can imagine, the luxury assets industry is now going through challenging times, as much as any other industry. We believe that we can help the industry as we give another solution in a stagnant market.
- About the future. We are now moving on listing our IDON token on major exchanges and that progress is looking very good. Our roadmap for the next 12 months is to continue growing by following the steps that brought us here. We will continue upgrading our platform, blockchain and most importantly, adding more valuable assets, etc. which can be utilized by all participants.
Interview with Daniel Sloan, co-founder Future Tech, ‘RebuildTheChain’ – Building Blockchain and AI solutions
Video Interview with Dr Jamal Ouenniche, Professor & Chair in Business Analytics, University of Edinburgh – Business Analytics, AI Data Road Maps
Interview with Ben Goertzel Founder SingularityNet, OpenCog – Benevolent And Open AI, What Kind Of Evolutionary Mind Can We Engineer?
Interview With Anish Mohammed, Blockchain Researcher. Head of Research – IIS , SRH Berlin – Building Blockchain and AI Foundations and Ethics
Jarrett Preston Biography
Jarrett has accumulated nearly 25 years of direct industry experience as a respected Strategic Advisor and C Level Executive. As Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Obsidian International Asset Trading, the world’s leading firm dedicated to facilitating the trade of high-value physical assets, Jarrett has built and overseen a multibillion-dollar trade portfolio spanning 26 countries, across nearly every class of asset. His experience and vast network will be invaluable to our company and to every member of the ecosystem as we lead the transition of high-value asset trading to the blockchain.
He is the proud product of the Marine Military Academy, Virginia Military Institute and the United States Marine Corps. He is uniquely positioned as a leader in the high-value asset trading industry, having built his impeccable reputation through facilitating a wide array of successful and challenging transactions involving premier assets throughout the world.
Jarrett is the founder of Obsidian International Asset Trading and Chief Executive Officer of Idoneus. Both are companies which are dedicated to facilitating the permanent exchange of physical assets for high net worth individuals and successful companies. Over the course of his career, Jarrett has built and overseen multibillion-dollar trade portfolios while serving clients in 26 countries, across nearly every class of asset. Jarrett is an expert the field of “value for value exchange”. His experience and global network of trade consultants are invaluable to each client and the industry as a whole, as the asset exchange-barter industry is refined and enhanced through blockchain technology to meet the needs of a modern era.
Idoneus connects Industry Partners, Asset Owners, and Token Holders in one integrated blockchain-based economy.
Idoneus provides a unique method to buy, sell, rent, trade or otherwise experience luxury assets. “Assets” include, but are not limited to real estate, fine art, aircraft, yachts, precious gemstones, luxury vehicles, and fine jewelry. Idoneus assists its industry partners by expanding their client base of luxury consumers, thereby allowing them to sell more goods and services. Idoneus enables luxury asset owners to divest surplus inventory in exchange for IDON Tokens. Token Holders are able to buy, rent and experience luxury assets, goods and services at a favorable value basis.
Links and sources
Citiesabc was created by a team of global industry leaders, academics and experts to create new solutions, resources, rankings and connections for the world’s top cities and populations.